May 8, 2014 LWVRV Annual Meeting
Lark’s at Inn at the Commons, the Meeting packet has been mailed to members.
Primary Election Spring of 2014
- Important Dates for Jackson Co and Josephine Co
- April 26th Paper forms to register to vote should be mailed
- April 29th Last day to register to vote online or at DMV
- May 2nd Ballots mailed to voters.
- May 17th Deadline for mailed-in ballots going through local mail
- May 20th Election Day. Ballots due to drop boxes.
- Library Ballot Measure. If passed: There would be a Library District with a property tax of up to $0.60 per $1,000 assessed value. Such a special district is similar to a fire district, and would be governed by an unpaid board. These funds cannot be used for other county services.
If it fails: All branch libraries are scheduled to close June 30th with the main Library scheduled to close June 30, 2015.
- Extension Service Ballot Measure.If passed: There would be a property tax of up to $0.05 tax per $1,000 assessed value. The Extension Service provides Jackson County with 4H, advice for home gardeners & food preservers, research results to support & improve commercial & small farms, viticulture & enology, livestock operations and forestry.
If the measure fails: The Extension Service would no longer provide the above services.
- GMO Ballot Measure. If passed: Genetically engineered plants could not be farmed.
- If the measure fails: Genetically engineered plants would continue to be grown.
The State LWV will be conducting two studies–
Children at Risk and Higher Education Update.
Our phone number for local access has changed to 541-772-5044, which is a member phone.